5 Snacks to Eat Before a Tennis Competition
- Oatmeal with fruit. Ideal for a morning snack before an afternoon competition, oatmeal is well-tolerated and provides long-lasting energy. The added fruit will give you that quick jolt of energy you need to get your engine started.
- Peanut butter and jelly or banana sandwich.Snacks, like small sandwiches, that contain a variety of carbohydrates help maximize and replenish glycogen stores. Adding peanut butter provides protein and healthy fat which can help to sustain energy throughout long-winded matches.
- Non-fat or low-fat Chobani Greek yogurt with fruit or cereal. Greek yogurt is an ideal real food pre-workout fuel that’s packed with protein and carbohydrates. It’s easy to eat, well tolerated and you can add fruit or cereal for an extra energy burst.
- Toast w/ slice of low-fat cheese.Low-fat dairy choices, like cheese, provide all three types of fuel – carbohydrates, protein and fat. Choose whole-wheat bread for long-lasting energy if you’ve got some time before the competition.
- Fruit smoothie with non-fat or low-fat Greek yogurt.Not only are fruits easily digested and provide quick energy but they’re hydrating too. Smoothies are easy on the stomach, hydrating and serve as an easy vehicle for carbs and protein pre-competition.